There are four parts of questions.. answer all the questions for all the parts. Without typing the question just type the part and the number of each question.
Most of the questions answers on the book” The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything” if you cannot find some questions you may google them
The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything (the link for the book is attached)
No format no page style no sources for this assignment
1. According to Cardinal Ravasi, what are the “Two Primary Components of Catholic Universities”?
2. What are the Five Characteristics of Jesuit Education?
3. Define “Common Good”
4. How do you integrate your personal “dreams” and goals in your life and career with the “common Good”?
1. Who was Ignatius of Loyola? Itemize the five major events in Ignatius’ life. What was the turning point in his life? In your view, what is the most important event in his life. Why?
2. What is the historical context in which the Societas Jesu (“The Jesuits”) was founded? Describe what is “Humanism.” Describe what is the “Renaissance.” According to Madras, What are the six features of “Renaissance Humanism”?
3.. What is the “Discernment of Spirits” and the “Exam” in Ignatian/Jesuit Spirituality. What is the most important contribution of Ignatian/Jesuit spirituality in your life and career? What are the six steps to do the “exam”?
1. “Know thyself!” What does it mean to be “human”?
What is the foundation of “Human Dignity”? What are the consequences/implications of “human dignity”?
2. What are the two main paradoxical characteristics of the human being according to the story of the creation of humankind in Genesis chapters 1-2?
3. According to Karl Rahner, What is the “Transcendental Experience” of Human Beings?
4. According to Plato’s Republic, who should NOT be the leaders in government and why? According to Plato, who then should be the leaders of the “civitas” or the state? why?
5. What is Jesus’ advice to His disciples regarding leadership in the community? What is the most important tenet among Jesus’ disciples in the Christian Community?
1. What are the Three areas of Dialogue that stand out where the Church needs to be present in order to promote full human development and to pursue the Common Good?
2. What does Pope Francis mean by the “the throwaway culture”? What would be your commitment to counter this unethical “culture”?
3. What is the central message of Pope Francis’ encyclical Letter “Laudato Si” about the “care of our “common home”?
4. What would be your commitment to preserve our “common home,” our planet?
5. What are your three most important “take away” from this “Theology of Theology religions”?
Essay Theology of Religions
According to Cardinal Ravasi, the two components of Catholic Universities are faith and reason. The two elements helped to improve knowledge impacting in the universities.
The five characteristics of Jesuit Education includes unity of heart, mind and soul, forming and educating persons to influence change, challenge to strive for excellence, care for individual persons, and sharing and pushing justice for the marginalized persons in the society.
Common good defines the interests of all people in the society.
I can integrate my personal desires and goals in life with common good by always looking for interests of others and respecting other people in my career. Helping other people through my career is also critical.
Ignatius Loyola was a Theologian from Spain responsible for the establishment of the Jesuits. Some of major events in his life includes him being the patron of the saint soldiers, his moments doing religious works, going to study in Paris, and the founding of the Jesuit Order in 1959. His turning point was when he went to study in Paris. The most important event in his life is the foundation of the Jesuit Order that influenced his religious life significantly and later to his beatification and canonization in 1622.
The historical context of the founding of The Jesuits was when people were seeking restoration and religious renewal from suppression in the society. Humanism means the concept of rational and autonomous thinking while ignoring human conditioning. Renaissance means rebirth or rejuvenation of a person’s cultural values and beliefs. The six features of renaissance humanism includes wide classical education, seeking fame, reason over faith, celebrating life, independent thinkers, and being a renaissance man.
Discernment of Spirits defines the process of judging the varied spiritual agents for their moral impacts. The Exam” in Jesuit Spirituality defines the gift that was obtained from God and it was to be shared to other people. The most important contribution of Jesuit Spirituality in career and personal life is to provide guidance and positive favors in my life. The six steps in doing the “exam in Jesuit Spirituality includes identifying the personal issues, seeking spiritual freedom, praying and paying attention, making choice of the results, discussing the issues with spiritual friends, and living with the decision with hope and trust in God.
The phrase “Know thyself” means getting to understand personal strengths and values. The core foundations of human dignity include recognition of freedom, peace, and justice. The concept of human dignity helps to promote equality in the society as well as freedom for all people.
According to Genesis Chapters 1-2, the two main paradoxical characteristics of the human being is the ability to procreate and multiplying in numbers and secondly, ruling and controlling all God’s creation.
The transcendental experience of the human beings is a higher spirit or consciousness above the human nature. The experience connects people to a certain spirit or energy within the human nature.
Plato’s Republic argues that politicians should not be the leaders of government as they do not respect the views of all people. Politicians also cannot form virtuous leaders as they might not be informed well. Write my essay according to Plato, only philosopher kings should be the leaders of the states. The philosophers had a keen focus to discover ideas making them good leaders of government.
Jesus’ advice to his disciples in relation to leadership in the community was that they should work as teams. The leader should be able to form strategic team and lead with the consultation considering ideas of other people. Jesus also encouraged the disciples to be led by the Holy Spirit. Jesus emphasized that the Holy Spirit would act as their guidance. Relationship building was also important to Jesus. Through his journey, Jesus was building relations with his disciples and followers. The disciples were inspired to follow in his relationship-building approach to leadership.
The most important tenets among the disciples of Jesus in the community was a leadership of not self-promoting. Being humble was a critical principle that would guide the disciples in their interactions in the community. Humility was a core element of Jesus’ leadership style.
To enhance full human development and pushing for common good, the Catholic church should hold dialogue on three areas including with states, with society, and other believers.
Pope Francis referencing the throwaway culture meant a society whereby people are influenced by overconsumption and excessive production of short-term products rather than durable products, which could be recycled. I would be ready to counter this unethical culture through consuming durable products rather than disposable products.
The central message in the “Laudato Si” was the ecological concern of the tragic implications of uncontrolled human activities.
My commitment is always to reduce potential air and water pollution through sustainability programs such as the regular use of public means of transport.
Three most important lessons from “ Theology of Theology religions” includes most world religions are honest and have constant communication on the truth about salvation and God, God is present even to non-Christian religions through Jesus Christ salvation, and there is no salvation for the non-Christian religions.